Welcome to home of ProjTimer - a simple Java based timer to calculate times spent on tasks / projects.
BackgroundI have to sent in Status Reports every week. I needed a way to specify how much time I spent on a certain task (i.e. 16 hours on Unix porting). I used to use gtimer and liked it. But my company is a NT shop and I was looking something that would work on Windows. I couldn't find any decent free ones. So I opted to write my own.
- 20 Feb 2001 : Latest release is 1.0.1 - primarily a bug fix release. Get it from here
- Simple / light weight & works (see screen shots )
- Automatic timing / no need to manually enter the times. All you do is start / stop
- Handy export function to save data to file (text
- Java (1.2) so works anywhere with a Java 2 platform
- Project is hosted in the mighty source forge
- TODO (depending on the demand)
- hierarchical tasks (ie a task can have sub/child tasks)
- break down time spent on a task day to day basis
- some sort of nice charting export function.